Commonly used visa, residence certificate type
(I) visa X1.
Visa X1 is issued to people applying for long-term study in China. The visa X1 is valid for 30 days after the entry. It is necessary to apply for residence certificate in the foreign student office within 30 days after arrival, so that you can legally reside in China for a long time. Students also need to provide health certificates issued by the entry-exit inspection and quarantine department of Haikou before applying for residence certificates.
(2) visa X2.
Visa X2 is issued to people applying for short-term study in China. The validity of Visa X2 will be marked on the visa page and the number of days to be specified on the date of entry. If you enter the country on August 25 for a 90-day X2 visa, you can stay until November 23 of that year.
(3) residence certificates.
Students who will study in China for more than 180 days need to apply for residence certificates, and the validity period is indicated on the residence certificate. Students can enter and exit several times within the validity period of their residence certificates.
Note: for visa X1, you can apply for residence permit. For visa X2, you can only apply for short-term study which cannot be converted into residence permit. (Pay tuition fee for one semester, you can only apply for visa X2.Pay tuition fee for one year, you can apply for one-year residence permit). Students are advised not to enter China too early, because you can apply for visa X2 and residence permit only after you register in the school.
If you need to know the information of the Chinese embassy or consulate of your country, please refer to the website of our foreign ministry:http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/
According to Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Administration of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners, registration of accommodation shall be conducted within 24 hours after arrival. The public security organ may impose a warning or a fine of less than 2000 yuan if it fails to register the accommodation in time. Foreign students who change their passports, visas or change their addresses must re-register within 10 days, or they will be regarded as illegal residence.
In addition, foreigners from Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macao to enter other provinces of China also need to register at the local police station within 24 hours.
Passport loss and replacement.
After discovering and confirming that the passport has been lost, the international student must follow the procedures as follows to minimize the loss.
1. The foreign student himself should go to the police station of missing place with his passport copy and get the passport lost certificate.
2. The foreign student himself should go to the exit and entry administration office of the municipal public security bureau with the passport lost certificate to get the passport lost certificate ;
3. Go to the embassy in China of your own county to apply for a new passport with passport lost certificate ;
4. Get a new passport. According to the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Administration of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners, reapply procedure of visas or residence certificates and update registration procedure must be conducted after you entering China with new passport within 10 days. Otherwise, the punishment will be more than 1000 yuan. At the same time, please hold the new passport to the 103 office of our college for information update.
Renew your passport.
According to the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Administration of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners, reapply procedure of visas or residence certificates and update registration procedure must be conducted after you entering China with new passport within 10 days. Otherwise, the punishment will be more than 1000 yuan. At the same time, please hold the new passport to the 103 office of our college for information update.
Cancellation of visa and residence certificate.
When a student is suspended, remain enrolled, transferred or dropped out of school, he or she must cancel the visa or residence certificate issued by the school and change it to a stay visa.
Punishment for illegal residence.
The expiration of a visa or residence certificate, no registration of accommodation or the expiration of a residence registration, are regarded as a violation of relevant Chinese laws and constitute an illegal residence. It will be severely punished by the public security organs in accordance with the seriousness of the case, fines of 500 to 10,000 yuan, detention and even deportation. Therefore, you must always pay attention to your visa and accommodation registration, so as to avoid unnecessary trouble.
Time arrangement of the extension of study residence certificate.
According to the Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China “foreigners who need to extend the period of residence in China shall apply 30 days in advance before the expiration of their residence certificates to the exit and entry department”, the school requires students begin the procedures of next semester registration, payment and applying for visa materials for 50 days prior to the expiry of the visa .
The maturity date of the spring semester student visa is 7th July. Students who need to renew their residence certificates are required to apply for the relevant procedures at the college’s 103 office between 15th May – 1st June of the same year.
The maturity date of the autumn semester student visa is 7th January. Students who need to renew their residence certificates are required to apply for the relevant procedures at the college’s 103 office between 15th November – 1st December of the previous year.
In addition, the valid of new student visa is 30 days, and the preparation of the visa materials will take some time. Therefore, the freshmen should report to the college within 5 days of entering the country, and they are advised not to enter the country too soon.
If the policy is adjusted, subject to the latest policy.
Article One Passport and Visa
1. Take good care of the passport. International students should carry with them their passports whenever go out. Once lose the passport, report immediately to CICE and Division of Exit and Entry Administration, Haikou Municipal Public Security Department.
2. International students who want to study in China for more than 6 months must hold the visas marked with “X1”. They should, within 30 days of entry, go to Division of Exit and Entry Administration, Haikou Municipal Public Security Department to go through the procedures for obtaining the residence permit. CICE will decide and apply for the time limit of the residence permit of an international student according to the program he attends and the tuition he pays.
3. International students should be aware of the expiration date on their visas. Two weeks before the expiration, apply for an extension at the Office of International Student Management. If the expiration results in his illegal residence or stay in China, the student may be fined up to 5,000 yuan (RMB). If the offenses are serious, he may be ordered to leave the country within a specified time, or be blacklisted because of illegal residence or stay. He himself takes the consequences.
Article Two Compassionate Leave and Sick Leave
International students should submit written requests for leave when they have urgent things to deal with; submit notes for sick leave when they get ill. Only if the leader of Office of International Student Management approves can the requests go into effect. If the international student has been absent from school for more than 40 periods, CICE is authorized to report to Division of Exit and Entry Administration, Haikou Municipal Public Security Department to cancel his student visa. The student has to leave the country within a specified time. No refund of tuition fee.
Article Three Laws and School Regulations
1. Do not fight, drink excessively or gamble. Prostitution, whoring and narcotics are strictly forbidden. Do not lend or distribute pornographic books, pictures, video tapes or other pornographic objects. The student who violates this article will be expelled from school or delivered over to the police. No refund of tuition fee.
2. Whoever having no Chinese motor vehicle driving license are prohibited to drive motor vehicles. Do not drive motor vehicles which are not examined or sanctioned by traffic administration organs. Do not drive motor vehicles after drinking alcoholic liquor. The student who violates this article takes the consequences.
3. International students shall not establish religious organizations, set up religious offices, sites for religious activities in Haikou or run religious institutions within Chinese territory, not may they develop followers, appoint religious personnel or engage in other missionary activities.
Article Four Other Affairs
1. If any change is to be made, such as residence address, international students shall promptly go through the registration procedures for the change at local police substation, and notify CICE of the new address. Otherwise, they themselves take the consequences.
2. Pay attention to electricity and fire safety.
3. Pay attention to travel safety, esp. traffic, swimming and diving. The university takes no responsibility for any accident.
4. Cash, credentials and valuables should be kept safely. Do not bring much cash with you or leave much cash in the apartment.
5. Be cautious when communicate with strangers to avoid being deceived.
6. Bring with you the emergency telephone numbers.