2019/2020 Hainan Provincial Government International Student Scholarship
Hainan University is a comprehensive key university of Hainan Province, which was merged with the former South China University of Tropical Agriculture and the former Hainan University in August, 2007. And it is jointly constructed by Hainan provincial government, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Finance.It is a State Key University of “211 Project”, a State Key University of Midwest China “One Province, One University” Project, and a “Double First-Class” university project in Discipline Construction. Hainan University is entrusted with enrolling international students sponsored by the Chinese government. Prospective students and scholars from foreign countries are welcome to apply for the Hainan Provincial Government Scholarship to study at Hainan University.
I . Supporting Categories
The Hainan Provincial Government International Students Scholarship is for prospective international students who wish to study at Hainan University for a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctoral degree. Please visit the website http://gjwhjl.hainu.edu.cn/e/action/ListInfo/?classid=62 for programs information.
The scholarship is only for new students, it is unavailable for students who wish to apply to study their native language or a third country language including literature such as English, French etc.
II. Scholarship Coverage
Hainan Provincial Government International Students Scholarship covers: tuition fee, accommodation fee on campus (two students share a room), registration fee, medical and accidental Insurance at Hainan University. The applicant is responsible for all other fees.
III. Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply: Please submit the application documents to the Office for International Students’ Admissions & Scholarships Program, College of International Cultural Exchange, Hainan University.
When to Apply: Between March 1 and April 15.
To be eligible, applicants should:
1. be a foreign passport holder;
2. in good physical and mental condition, with good academic performance and conduct;
3. be a high school graduate under the age of 30 when applying for undergraduate programs; be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for postgraduate programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
4. Language Requirements:
There is only Chinese-taught program available at present. HSK level 4 or above is required.
V. Application Documents
Applicants must fill in the following documents truthfully in Chinese or in English.
1. Application Form for Hainan Provincial Government International Student Scholarship.
2. Photocopy of the passport (and a photocopy of the Visa page is required if you already have a visa).
3. Notarized highest diploma attained & Academic Transcripts; if the applicant is a campus student, he has to submit an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date, the original certificate should be provided after admission. If the applicant is an employer, he has to submit a Certificate of Incumbency issued by the unit or company which he’s working for.
4. HSK Test certificate (if any) or documents which are able to prove the Chinese ability of the applicant.
5. A photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and Blood Test Report.
6. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English.
7. Applicants for master’s degree or doctoral degree studies must provide the Plan of study or research in China (minimum 1000 words for the master’s degree applicants, and minimum 1500 words for the doctoral degree applicants).
8. Certificate of No Criminal Record.
9. Applicants for master’s degree or doctoral degree studies need provide CV (including publication list if available)
1. All application materials need to be submitted in duplicate (one original & one copy). Whether the application is successful or not, the application documents will not be returned.
2. Application materials which do not meet the above requirements will be regarded as invalid and will not be accepted;
3. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. The office will not send email to every applicants, Please contact us if you need confirmation.
VI. Approval and Notification
1. Hainan University will review the application documents and decide the nominated candidates.
2. Hainan University will deliver materials of applicants who pass the HU review to Hainan Province Education Department and wait for the final admission results, normally around July (the exact date is decided by Hainan Province Education Department). Nominated candidates with the approval from Hainan Province Education Department will be officially awarded this Scholarship.
3. Hainan University will announce the admission result officially on website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to scholarship winners in July;
4. Scholarship students must participate in an annual scholarship evaluation. Scholarship holders who fail to meet the requirements will have their scholarship cancelled.
5. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
6. Registration Period is the beginning of September, 2019 (specified in the Letter of Admission). The Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the specified deadline.